I forgot about doing this until I spotted Shauna Reid’s edition. Oh noes! I’ve missed the haze of a post Christmas/New Year lethargy, but if I don’t post now, I never will.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Changed jobs. This may not sound a big thing to you, but after spending 10 years at the same company (ancient, I know), and then upping sticks for different work environment, that’s HUGE for me. Plus, I had a fondness for the old workplace which was slowly eroding away, as the good things that had made it a wonderful workplace were being eroded away.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for this year?
Can’t remember what they were, and thus I can’t remember if I kept them.
More for this year:
being present in the moment!
Being grateful for the little things.
Stop buying stuff.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Clare. Such a gorgeous little thing, sometimes she greets you with a serious look, and then suddenly she smiles. Wow.
4. Did anyone close to you pass away?
Father in law. Friend’s sister.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA. Taiwan. Funeral. Holiday.
6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked in this one?
7. What dates from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Anzac Day (25 April), we were in our Nation’s capital, we saw a football game, and then on the drive back, the father in law passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the leap from one job to another. Yes I know, I should define myself more than my work, but you do spend 30% of your time there.
Catching a LOT of swarms – BEEcoming obsessed.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being present in the moment.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Gave myself some form of RSI from squeezing honey out of honeycomb using my hands.
11. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
same same. Slightly porkier.
c) richer or poorer?
One year’s salary richer. One year’s spending on vintage tupperware poorer.
12. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Have you heard about this? Every saturday morning, around 8am (or whatever suits the local council), there is a free, timed 5km running event at various locations.
13. How did you spend Christmas?
With the family. Surprisingly, I didn’t kill them. There’s always next year.
14. Did you fall in love this year?
With my friend Clare’s baby.
15. What was your favourite TV program?
The Katering Show. I discovered it. Watched two seasons cover to cover in (almost) one sitting, and then started again.
16. What was the best book you read?
I didn’t read that many books in 2016, but I just found out about The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko, which has even been made into a film!
How did I miss that?
17. What was your favourite film?
Inside Out. I watched it on the plane.
I also watched Bad Moms 1.5 times, it took me a few days to realise that the plane version had *censored out* the video sex scene. One day the main character had a husband at home, the next day she didn’t.
18. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Didn’t go to work. Old enough to know better.
19. Who did you miss?
Mother in Law. She passed away in early 2015, and not a week goes by that I think “She would’ve known the answer to that!” I wish she was still with us.